Bottega Louie - Downtown LA

Breakfast should have eggs in it. The kind with a runny golden yolk that pours all over your plate like this one.


Bottega Louie has an excellent assortment of egg dishes on their brunch menu. I had the Farmers Market Breakfast with poached eggs on top of a beautiful bed of green beans, tomatoes, shimeji mushrooms, golden beets and baby potatoes. Topped with some parmesan cheese, this dish was the perfect breakfast. We also had those awkward looking portobello mushroom fries that everyone on Yelp seems to love. Sorry folks, they were not pretty so I did not take a photo. I thought these fake fries were just ok. Not everything deep fried is that good. My friend Jenny had the wild smoked salmon eggs benedict on a potato pancake. Good lord was it tasty! I may have to come back for that.

Oh yes they have dessert here too, lots of it. I skipped all the cute little cakes and walked on over to the macaroon side of the counter. Who can resist these beautiful little cookies?


When I walked up all the pretty colors were calling my name and I wanted to take home one of each. Luckily I talked myself into getting the smallest take home box possible, 5 macaroons for $10. After much deliberation I decided upon the following flavors: Espresso, Pistachio, Violet Cassis, Earl Grey and the Grand Cru.


The beautiful blue Earl Grey with Gold sparkles was exquisite. I also really enjoyed the Violet Cassis which had a hint of floral notes on the tongue. I don't think I've ever had such a unique flavor before. These macaroons were just perfect. Not too sweet, very light and such a gorgeous looking cookie. Next time you're downtown, go pick yourself up a box of these little guys. Forget that bikini summer diet, you deserve a little Macaroon treat today!

Comments

Popular Posts